The five most important observations we’ve made over our twenty-five years of experience are
- It is almost as dangerous to be overly market driven as it is to be under market driven; eventually, they both lead to the same condition Losing control from being out of touch - the former with the business; the latter with the market.
- The three most dangerous words in any language are, “We’re doing alright.”;
- During a shake-out, and there will always be technological or financial shake-outs, the organizations most into “fad” management and leadership will be the least likely to survive;
- The sustained, profitable growth of an organization is predominately determined by how effectively the organization develops future leaders, (GE’s Jack Welch is a prime example of this principle.);
- Revenue growth is not a predictor of the sustained success of an organization; nor is it an indicator of effective management or leadership.
The single most important lesson we’re learned in the last two years is
- At every board meeting, someone should be responsible for reporting on, “How the Internet has changed our business since our last meeting.” (The Internet is effecting every business.)
©1999 Robert King and Associates, Inc.
All rights reserved. Taken from The Essence
of Sustained Organizational Renewal™.
The areas in which we specialize include (in alphabetical order)
- BUSINESS-TO-BUSINESS MARKETING STRATEGY AND TACTICS.
- BUSINESS-TO-CONSUMER MARKETING STRATEGY AND TACTICS.
- MAXIMIZING THE SALES TEAM PERFORMANCE. Our team of proven, successful sales management executives adapts our proven sales management and selling systems to optimize the sales of your organization. We will only accept this assignment from an organization when the CEO and the top sales executive have approved the assignment.
- ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS - optimizing the utilization of the intellectual and physical resources of the firm.
- SALES MANAGEMENT AND COMPENSATION.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION.
- “TURN-AROUND” OF SMALL COMPANIES.
BUILDING A BETTER WORLD BY HELPING BETTER PEOPLE TO BUILD®
©2000 Robert King and Associates, Inc. All Rights Reserved